Done. Wrote a novel in a month. I added the final few words last night at about 9PM, brining the total word count of my NaNoWriMo novel, Ziggurat, up to 50,370.

The last week of writing was actually pretty relaxed. I wrote a big pile of text early in the week, so I only needed to write a few hundred words each night as the month came to a close. I have noticed over the course of the process that I’ve actually started writing a lot faster as well, which is a bonus, and half the point of undertaking the experiment in the first place. I’m fairly sure I can bust out a thousand words faster now than I could at the start of the month. The actual quality of those words is, at the moment, an unknown entity.

Share this post.